As the Coronavirus virus – COVID-19 spreads to over 100 countries and now with cases here in Ottawa, Doyle Salewski Inc., like yourselves, has concerns on how this virus will affect all our lives.
The Public Health Agency of Canada has assessed the public health risk as “low for the general population in Canada” but this could change rapidly. Health Canada, Public Health Ontario, and Ottawa Public Health continue to monitor this evolving situation. With safety being the most important consideration for both our clients and employees, we will be following guidelines issued by these organizations and watching for any developments that could affect our community.
Doyle Salewski Inc. will be taking every precaution necessary to make your visit to our offices as safe as possible.
Steps that we are doing to help prevent the spread of germs:
- Increased awareness about COVID-19 through communications with staff,
- Evaluate the workplace for area’s where people have frequent contact with each other and shared equipment,
- Ensure frequent cleaning, with attention to high-touch surfaces,
- Removal of all magazines and papers from our waiting area,
- Placing hand sanitizer around the office to be used as needed.
- Clients will be asked as to their health and about any travel they may have taken before they are invited into the office.
- Staff will continue to be monitored as to their health conditions.
Steps that you can do to help prevent the spread of germs:
- If you are experiencing respiratory symptoms such as fever, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, runny or stuffy nose, body aches, headache, chills or fatigue, please stay home and reschedule your appointment.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after you have been in a public area,
- Use a hand sanitizer when soap and water are not readily available,
Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands
- Cover coughs and sneezes
The ongoing virus situation can be very stressful, and difficulties may arise for you to make your scheduled appointments. We understand, and to help you meet your commitments easier to attend we can provide video conferencing as well as phone consultations. Our video conferencing is very simple to use. If you have access to a computer or a smart phone a simple click on a link sent to you by email that will allow you to meet face to face with a Director and eliminates the need for a personal visit to our offices.
We will continue to monitor this evolving situation and will keep you informed through future updates.